Drift off to sleep listening to the lullaby of chirping frogs and humming crickets in the Costa Rican rainforest. Wake up to the symphony of birds singing and monkeys howling. All the while, right outside, the spectacular Arenal Volcano keeps watch.
The commanding presence of the Arenal Volcano and the intriguing Costa Rican rainforest set a dramatic stage for your visit to Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa. Our 48 rooms spread out across various building over the property are comfortable, spacious and designed for your enjoyment. Each room provides several amenities that aim to provide for a wonderful holiday. Most hotel rooms have views of the Arenal Volcano, a private balcony or deck, and all have verdant garden surroundings. Five rooms are fully equipped for disabled travelers.
If you are looking for completely private accommodations, or are visiting Arenal Volcano with your extended family or group of friends, our two well-equipped vacation villas fit the bill perfectly as your home away from home.
We would like to mention a few details about what it is like to stay at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa:
- Our remote location is part of the adventure, and you can rest deeply knowing that there will be no disturbing noise from busy roads or town centers.
- From your personal terrace, you can soak in all of the spectacular views, smells, and sounds of the natural surroundings.
- Our hotel rooms do not contain TVs, but we are confident that you will not notice their absence. You came to Costa Rica to experience the amazing nature, wildlife, and scenery of this tropical country. We offer numerous services to keep you busy; plus, the rainforest and one of the most famous volcanoes in the world is right outside your door!
- Our hotel rooms are cooled naturally by the nearly constant fresh breezes of Lake Arenal and Arenal Volcano. All rooms have fans in addition to screened doors and windows for natural ventilation. At 2,160 feet above sea level, Arenal Observatory Lodge is much cooler than the beach and other lower elevation locations.
- We offer free Wi-Fi for our guests at the lodge; it is usually very reliable and we only occasionally experience a loss of service, but that happens everywhere in Costa Rica.
- Children aged 8 and under stay for free at our lodge when sharing a room with their parents.
- The use of drones in the property is prohibited without prior permission from management.
- We do not allow pets.