Phil’s Villa is a magnificent Costa Rican vacation home rental at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa, located about 800 meters (0.5 miles) from the hotel’s reception. It is recommended that guests have their own transportation, or enjoy long walks, to stay here. However, shuttle transportation can be arranged for when you want to skip the walk.
“Phil’s Villa” is named in memory of Phillip Slosberg, a longtime guest at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa, who built this house and lived here with his wife, Jeanie, from 2008 to 2011. Read more about the history of Phil’s Villa here.
Modern and spacious with refined touches and colorful local artwork, Phil’s Villa is surrounded by the splendor of the tropical forest with panoramic views of the Arenal Volcano from a large balcony and terrace.
Phil’s Villa can accommodate up to 10 people and is recommended for families or groups traveling together. The two-story villa has a roomy open living area with a fireplace and smart television, a dining area, a large fully-equipped kitchen, and three spacious bedrooms each with their own private bathrooms and safe boxes. Two bedrooms have two king beds each, and the third bedroom comes with one king bed.
Room rates include:
- Breakfast à la carte
- Free Wi-Fi (in common areas)
- Free walk in the morning accompanied by a guide, through the shipments of the property
- 11 km of trails in good condition for walking, mountain biking, or horseback riding
- Free entrance to the 28-meter observation tower “The Nest“
- Use of the pool and jacuzzi
- Access to the Arenal Crossfit Challenge, our 8 km multisport fitness circuit
- Admission to the Observatory Museum
- Property Map and Bird List
- Children ages 0-8 years receive free lodging (sharing room with parents)
- Children 9 years and older pay as adults
- Maximum 10 persons in the villa
- For security, our front gate closes at 11:00 pm
- Check-in: from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Check-out: 12:00 pm
- No pets allowed
- The use of drones on the property is subject to prior authorization from management.
- Smoking prohibited (law # 9028)
- Credit or debit cards used by the guest are charged in local currency (colones, at the exchange rate) payments in euros or Canadian dollars are not accepted