Spacious and comfortable Standard Rooms at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa all feature two queen-sized beds, a private bathroom, a coffeemaker, a room safe, sitting chairs and a writing table. Some Standard Rooms are located in the main hotel building and overlook the gorgeous Costa Rican rainforest or the impressive Arenal Volcano from their private balconies, while others are located 500 meters (0.3 miles) from the main hotel building, down a moderate slope, and feature terraces with striking views of Lake Arenal.
See what our guests say:
“We stayed in a standard room in the main lodge building. I found it very spacious and comfortable with two queen beds, tables, and chairs, desk, lots of shelves, great big bathroom with the sink area separate from the toilet and shower. The security safe and coffee maker were very welcome. And I loved sitting out on the balcony listening to the tall, whispering pine trees swaying in the wind and gazing at dense green rainforest. I could hear toucans and howler monkeys in the distance, and every afternoon a coati would wander past below.”
Room rates include:
- Full buffet breakfast (Now served à la carte for COVID-19 prevention)
- Costa Rican taxes
- Free Wi-Fi (common areas)
- Safe boxes in all rooms
- Free guided morning hike along property trails
- 11 km (7 miles) of well-maintained trails for walking, horseback riding & mountain biking
- Free access to the observation tower “The Nest“
- Property Map and Birds List
- Access to viewpoints of Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, Cerro Chato, and the Tilarán Mountain Range
- Swimming pool & Jacuzzi
- Children ages 0-8 years receive free lodging (sharing room with parents)
- Children 9 years and older pay as an adult
- Maximum 4 persons per room
- For security reasons our main gate closes at 11:00 p.m.
- Check in: From 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Check out: 12:00 p.m.
- No pets allowed
- The use of drones in the property is prohibited without prior permission from management.
- No smoking in rooms or public areas (Law No. 9028)
- Credit or debit cards used by guests at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa will be charged in local currency (colones at the official exchange rate) payments in euros or Canadian dollars are not accepted.