Phil’s Villa is a magnificent Costa Rican vacation home rental at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa, located about 800 meters (0.5 miles) from the hotel's reception. It is recommended that guests have their own transportation, or enjoy long walks, to stay here. However, shuttle transportation can be arranged for when you want to skip the walk.
“Phil’s Villa” is named in memory of Phillip Slosberg, a longtime guest at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa, who built this house and lived here with his wife, Jeanie, from 2008 to 2011. Read more about the history of Phil’s Villa here.
Modern and spacious with refined touches and colorful local artwork, Phil’s Villa is surrounded by the splendor of the tropical forest with panoramic views of the Arenal Volcano from a large balcony and terrace.
Phil’s Villa can accommodate up to 10 people and is recommended for families or groups traveling together. The two-story villa has a roomy open living area with a fireplace and satellite television, a dining area, large fully-equipped kitchen, and three spacious bedrooms each with their own private bathrooms and safe boxes. Two bedrooms have two king beds each, and the third bedroom comes with one king bed.
- Full buffet breakfast
- Costa Rican taxes
- Free Wi-Fi (common areas)
- Free guided morning hike along property trails
- 11 km (7 miles) of well-maintained trails for walking, horseback riding & mountain biking
- Property Map and Birds’ List
- Access to viewpoints of Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, Cerro Chato, and the Tilarán Mountain Range
- Swimming pool & Jacuzzi
- Children ages 0-8 years receive free lodging (sharing room with parents)
- Children 9 years and older pay as adult
- Maximum 10 persons in the villa
- For security reasons our main gate closes at 11:00 p.m.
- Check in: From 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Check out: 12:00 p.m.
- No pets allowed
- No smoking in rooms or public areas (Law No. 9028)
- Credit or debit cards used by guests at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa will be charged in local currency (colones at the official exchange rate) payments in euros or Canadian dollars are not accepted.