Budget travelers will find five comfortable rooms in La Casona, our original family farmhouse and an ideal place for groups or individual travelers. Four of the rooms have one queen-sized bed with partial views of the Arenal Volcano; the fifth room has two queen beds and a bunk bed, with views of Lake Arenal. La Casona is located about 500 meters (0.3 miles) from the main hotel building down a moderate slope. The five rooms share two full bathrooms and a large common sitting room, as well as a spacious front porch overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal.
Room rates include:
- Full buffet breakfast
- Costa Rican taxes
- Free Wi-Fi (common areas)
- Safe boxes in all rooms
- Free guided morning hike along property trails
- 11 km (7 miles) of well-maintained trails for walking, horseback riding & mountain biking
- Property Map and Birds’ List
- Access to viewpoints of Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, Cerro Chato, and the Tilarán Mountain Range
- Swimming pool & Jacuzzi
- Children ages 0-8 years receive free lodging (sharing room with parents)
- Children 9 years and older pay as adult
- For security reasons our main gate closes at 11:00 p.m.
- Check in: From 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Check out: 12:00 p.m.
- No pets allowed
- No smoking in rooms or public areas (Law No. 9028)
- Credit or debit cards used by guests at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa will be charged in local currency (colones at the official exchange rate) payments in euros or Canadian dollars are not accepted.