Lodging by the Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica
The Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa is the closest hotel to the Arenal Volcano and the only hotel surrounded by the Arenal Volcano National Park. Drift off to sleep listening to the lullaby of chirping frogs and humming crickets in the Costa Rican rainforest. Wake up to the symphony of birds singing and monkeys howling. All the while, right outside, the spectacular Arenal Volcano keeps vigil.
The commanding presence of the Arenal Volcano and lush Costa Rican rainforest set a dramatic stage for your visit to the Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa. Our 48 rooms spread out across various buildings within the property are comfortable and spacious. The rooms have all of the essential amenities to ensure a wonderful holiday.
Our Smithsonian and Junior Suite rooms have private balconies directly overlooking the Arenal Volcano. The Standard rooms’ private balconies allow you to appreciate the natural surroundings of our gardens and the tropical rainforest while enjoying your morning coffee. We also have two rooms fully equipped for disabled travelers.
If you are looking for a fully equipped short-term rental house, or are visiting Arenal Volcano with your extended family or group of friends, our White Hawk Villa and Phil’s Villa fit the bill perfectly as your home away from home. Fully equipped for your next family vacation with incredible views and access to all the same great activities and benefits as guests in our private rooms.
Rooms & Villas
A place in harmony with nature
Some details about your stay at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Trails:
- Our remote location is part of the adventure, and you can rest deeply knowing that there will be no disturbing noise from busy roads or town centers.
- From your personal terrace, you can soak in all of the spectacular views, smells, and sounds of the natural surroundings.
- Our hotel rooms do not contain TVs, but we are confident that you will not notice their absence. You came to Costa Rica to experience the amazing nature, wildlife, and scenery of this tropical country. We offer numerous services to keep you busy; plus, the rainforest and one of the most famous volcanoes in the world are right outside your door!
- Our hotel rooms are cooled naturally by the nearly constant fresh breezes of Lake Arenal and Arenal Volcano. All rooms have fans in addition to screened doors and windows for natural ventilation. At 2,160 feet above sea level, Arenal Observatory Lodge is much cooler than the beach and other lower elevation locations.
- We offer free Wi-Fi for our guests at the lodge; it is usually very reliable and we only occasionally experience a loss of service, but that happens everywhere in Costa Rica.
- Children aged 8 and under stay for free at our lodge when sharing a room with their parents.
- We do not allow pets.